Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Life in San Miguel de Allende - 11

 December 24, 2021 - January 26, 2022


It’s been more than a month since I last posted.  My excuses:


  • I was busy with preparations for Christmas.
  • I was preparing for and traveling to visit my children right after Christmas.
  • I contracted Covid a few days after entering the US.
  • I spent my quarantine in a hotel room in Portales, New Mexico and really was too sick and then too tired to do much of anything.
  • I traveled to Chicago for my final weekend in the US and finally traveled back to Mexico.
  • Truthfully, I have still been recovering from my bout with Covid and have just recently felt like writing my blog.


I have a back log of photos to share so I’ll let them tell the story of the past month.


Christmas:


The Jardin was crowded on Christmas eve.


I love Christmas lights and the Jardin
 was filled with lights.


For a change, we decided to cook a duck
for Christmas dinner instead of our
usual lobster tails.


We paired the duck with whipped sweet potatoes,
pan sautéed Brussels sprouts, and
 a roasted beet, apple, greens,
 and goat cheese salad.



Houston, TX:


One of my outings with my son, Karl,
and his family was to a local mall
that had this trampoline for kids. 
My grandson, Acen, was
quite good at it as you can see here.


Then he started doing flips.  I think
he's done this before, what a dare devil.


Sorry I don't have a picture of the my son and his wife and son but, I was already starting to feel tired while I was there.  I attributed it to the lengthy amount of travel I went through to get there.

In any case I had a great visit with them all.



Portales, NM:


If I had photos of Portales it would be of me laying in bed either sleeping or watching HGTV. Unfortunately, I only got to spend a couple of hours with my youngest who lives in Portales before I had a positive COVID test.



Oak Park, IL:


I had a great visit with my daughter Rachel and her family even though I was still tired and the visit was shortened because of my quarantine. Unfortunately I had to skip visiting my oldest daughter, Jessica, and her husband, Joe, in Johnstown, PA.



The star of the show when I visited my
daughter, Rachel, and her family in
Oak Park was my granddaughter Claire!


"I just love my toes!"



Last two weeks in San Miguel de Allende:




We are spending time visiting some of our favorite
restaurants and trying out some new ones.
This is my "new normal" look.



This photo was taken from our table at
a very elegant Thai restaurant called
The Spice Market. The food and
service were excellent.


The Spice Market Restaurant was in a
lovely hotel - Live Aqua.


This is a view of La Parroquia from
Adama Street which represents a
typical street in San Miguel.


Bob and I are now preparing for our trip to a beach town north of Puerta Vallarta named Bucerias for our last two months of our winter in Mexico.


My next blog will be all about our trip and my first impressions of Bucerias.



Thank you for reading my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment